[systemd-devel] how is systemd-journal-gatewayd filtering logs?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jan 24 10:54:04 UTC 2018

On Mi, 10.01.18 19:03, Jameson Graef Rollins (jrollins at finestructure.net) wrote:

> Hello, I'm having another systemd-journal-gatewayd issue...
>
> I'm finding that journal-gatewayd is not returning all logs that are
> actually available in the journal to users with appropriate privileges.
>
> In particular, I have a service whose managed ExecStart program is
> writing to stdout and stderr, all of which are captured by journald.
> Using journalctl I can see all the process output in the logs.  However,
> none of this output is available via journal-gatewayd.
>
> Why are these logs being filtered by journal-gatewayd?  How can I force
> it to not filter any logs from the journal?

Hmm, this might be an access control issue? systemd-journal-gatewayd.service
runs in the "systemd-journal" group, which should normally have access
to all journal files, by means of appropriate ACL entries. Consider
checking whether the ACLs are all set up properly, so that that group
gets proper access.