[systemd-devel] systemctl start second.service first.service

Simon McVittie smcv at collabora.com
Fri Jan 12 13:11:32 UTC 2018

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 at 21:41:54 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
> come on - nobody cares about this bullshit bingo about what are jobs, units
> and services

Please try to be polite when you are in a situation where you could be
perceived as representing a community. Responses like this to discussion
of a technical issue do not help systemd's reputation, and using jargon
terms precisely is a useful way to describe how code works.

For what it's worth, I think I agree with the technical point you were
making, which (if I understand correctly) is that it would be better for
each "systemctl start" invocation to create a single transaction (job)
that will start all the units named on the command-line in an order
chosen by the systemd manager to respect their Before/After ordering.

Thanks,
    smcv