[systemd-devel] Failed to mount early API filesystems, freezing execution

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Tue Oct 30 15:14:49 UTC 2018

On 30.10.2018 15:17, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> This suggests that the root partition you are trying to boot doesn't
> have properly set up /sys, /proc or /dev directories that we could
> mount stuff too, or your intird set things up weirdly.

Right, but why is it freezing, as opposed to giving me some kind of
shell where I can
verify what's going on and fix it? Also, there is no way to boot into a
shell that can
have its own /sys, /proc and /dev, allowing me to inspect the filesystem
and chroot
and such?

I have no options but to create a bootable USB and inspect? This just
seems terribly
inflexible;)

> Either way I think it would be best to ping your downstream distro
> about this.

They don't have proper channels. I've written to the web forum, but
there's no reply.