[systemd-devel] Potential bug where Ctrl+Alt+Del 7 times doesn't shut down the system?

Ryan Gonzalez rymg19 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 15:51:27 UTC 2018

I recently filed this bug with flatpak-xdg-utils:
https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak-xdg-utils/issues/12

The TL;DR is that flatpak-spawn processes will cause systemd to wait for
the "stop job to complete" on shutdown.

Here's the systemd-relevant part: if I press Ctrl+Alt+Del 7 times, I *see*
the message saying that shutdown is being forced. And then...it just sits
there. Never actually shuts off.

It's rather easy to reproduce if you have Flatpak installed. Is the latter
problem a systemd bug?

--
Ryan (ライアン)
Yoko Shimomura, ryo (supercell/EGOIST), Hiroyuki Sawano >> everyone else