[systemd-devel] Potential bug where Ctrl+Alt+Del 7 times doesn't shut down the system?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Sep 10 18:43:47 UTC 2018

On Mi, 05.09.18 10:51, Ryan Gonzalez (rymg19 at gmail.com) wrote:

> I recently filed this bug with flatpak-xdg-utils:
> https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak-xdg-utils/issues/12
>
> The TL;DR is that flatpak-spawn processes will cause systemd to wait for
> the "stop job to complete" on shutdown.
>
> Here's the systemd-relevant part: if I press Ctrl+Alt+Del 7 times, I *see*
> the message saying that shutdown is being forced. And then...it just sits
> there. Never actually shuts off.
>
> It's rather easy to reproduce if you have Flatpak installed. Is the latter
> problem a systemd bug?

Hmm, when C+A+D is hit 7 times we should actually transition
immediately into the "killing spree" phase of shutdown, and local
processes are not waited for anymore, but should receieve SIGKILL
instead.

Any chance you can repeat this with debug logging turned on?
(i.e. systemd.log_level=debug on the kernel cmdline)?

Is flatpak maybe doing some weird fuse stuff, which causes hanging
mounts or so?