[systemd-devel] Build only libsystemd as a shared library

Stanislav Angelovič angelovic.s at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 15:51:30 UTC 2019

Hi systemd-ers,

Having recent systemd sources, how can I build libsystemd.so only?

I was able to build the static version with this:
meson build/
ninja -C build version.h
ninja -C build libsystemd.a

But how can I build the shared one? Is there a configuration flag? (I'm not
familiar with meson.)

In older, makefile-based systemd versions, I would just run:
make built-sources
make libsystemd.la

I want to build libsystemd only because it contains sd-bus implementation
and sd-bus (and our sdbus-c++ layer on top of it) can thus be used also in
non-systemd environments (which is great).

Thank you, have a nice day,

Stanislav.