[systemd-devel] /etc/fstab obsolete?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Aug 28 09:54:25 UTC 2019

Am 28.08.19 um 11:24 schrieb Frans de Boer:
> Unnecessary use of shaming and hurting words. Although the intention was
> good, systemd is - in my view - overly complex. And yes, when starting
> with it, one should read the manuals at least once, as a matter of
> preparation. But I also understand that one can get lost in the jungle
> called systemd.
>
> So, don't pass judgment if you have only a portion of the information.
> Rather, start asking questions to get the full picture. I hate the self
> righteous posture of some people, just because they */think/* they know
> it all/better.

look in the archive how this guy started with systemd to get the whole
picture, his inital greeting on 2019-05-09 started with that attitude:

"I had to subscribe to this list, even though I'm no systemd fan. Still
I'll have to deal with it as the distribution we use switched to systemd..."

"Cause of the trouble (and possible reason for systemd's unpopularity)
seems to be rather arbitrary restrictions without reasoning (which is
completely against the GNU spirit of seeking for limitless software)"