[systemd-devel] Calling sd_bus_reply_method_return outside method handler

Jean Valjean valjean.jean1802 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 19:07:20 UTC 2019

I want to send a reply to a method call outside method_handler. Is it
possible?
In the method_handler I increase reference count of sd_bus_message and send
it to the other thread. From there I want to call
sd_bus_reply_method_return to send a reply but get Unknown method or
interface error when I invoke method with bussctl --user call. If I call
the return method from method_handler everything works as expected.

Thank you