[systemd-devel] Bugfix release(s)

František Šumšal frantisek at sumsal.cz
Wed Jan 16 12:49:59 UTC 2019

> On Mo, 14.01.19 10:59, Jan Synacek (jsynacek at redhat.com) wrote:
>
> I'd love to see some more CI hookup with Arch and Debian for example
> (right now there is zero) or even just a git preview package set or so
> that interested people can test. Without either it's very likely that
> things break on those distros, because there's no way we'll catch
> things beforehand.

After a really quick "research" I noticed that many distributions provide
Vagrant images[0][1]. In theory, it should be possible to simply use these images
along with a "proper" virtualization (vagrant-libvirt[2]) to do some more advanced
sanity/regression testing.

As for the infrastructure - the CentOS CI machine pool provides baremetal machines[3],
which would be, again in theory, great for such effort. Having a dedicated machine pool
of distro-specific nodes would be much better, but that's a long shot even if would be
possible for some distro to have such infrastructure.

[0] https://www.archlinux.org/download/ (section Vagrant images)
[1] https://app.vagrantup.com/debian
[2] https://github.com/vagrant-libvirt/vagrant-libvirt
[3] https://wiki.centos.org/QaWiki/PubHardware