[systemd-devel] Bugfix release(s)

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Wed Jan 16 00:06:16 UTC 2019

Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> on Tue, 2019/01/15 20:00:
> Note that we don't branch releases right now. Instead when we are
> getting closer to a release we simply don't merge PRs we don't
> consider appropriate for the release anymore until after the
> release. Or in other words: the master branch simply "stops" for a
> while getting new stuff, and only gets bugfixes until we release the
> version, which reopens the floodgates

Most people do not notice when this happens. Having milestones on github is
nice, but most of us miss that. Just make it obvious: add a tag when
you start preparation for a release - no matter if you call it 'v241-freeze',
'v241-rc' or whatever. I guess 'communication' on the lowest level can help a
lot here.

(BTW, there's another place I would like to see more tags... Would be nice to
have signed tags whenever a bunch of commits lands in a stable branch.)
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Best regards             my address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)