[systemd-devel] Bugfix release(s)

Jérémy ROSEN jeremy.rosen at smile.fr
Wed Jan 16 08:24:21 UTC 2019

yes... adding a "this is the start of the freeze" tag sounds like a low
hanging fruit... it's almost no work for the core team to do, and it would
be a clear signal that the freeze period is starting...

Le mer. 16 janv. 2019 à 01:14, Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de> a écrit :

> Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> on Tue, 2019/01/15 20:00:
> > Note that we don't branch releases right now. Instead when we are
> > getting closer to a release we simply don't merge PRs we don't
> > consider appropriate for the release anymore until after the
> > release. Or in other words: the master branch simply "stops" for a
> > while getting new stuff, and only gets bugfixes until we release the
> > version, which reopens the floodgates
>
> Most people do not notice when this happens. Having milestones on github is
> nice, but most of us miss that. Just make it obvious: add a tag when
> you start preparation for a release - no matter if you call it
> 'v241-freeze',
> 'v241-rc' or whatever. I guess 'communication' on the lowest level can
> help a
> lot here.
>
> (BTW, there's another place I would like to see more tags... Would be nice
> have signed tags whenever a bunch of commits lands in a stable branch.)
> --
> main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
> "CX:;",b;for(a/*    Best regards             my address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)
> putchar(b-1/(/*    Chris            cc -ox -xc - && ./x
> */b/42*2-3)*42);}

[image: SMILE]  <http://www.smile.eu/>

20 rue des Jardins
92600 Asnières-sur-Seine
*Jérémy ROSEN*
Architecte technique

[image: email] jeremy.rosen at smile.fr
[image: phone]  +33 6 88 25 87 42
[image: url] http://www.smile.eu

[image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/GroupeSmile> [image: Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/smileopensource> [image: LinkedIn]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/smile> [image: Github]
<https://github.com/Smile-SA>

[image: Découvrez l’univers Smile, rendez-vous sur smile.eu]
<https://www.smile.eu/fr/publications/livres-blancs/yocto?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature>