[systemd-devel] RTC clock not updated when timesyncd get correct date/time

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Jan 22 20:03:06 UTC 2019

On Di, 22.01.19 20:55, Belisko Marek (marek.belisko at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using systemd 234 on rapsberrypi (build from yocto). Board contains RTC
> chip with capacitor to keep correct date time when device is powered off.
>
> When I boot with eth cable plugged then timedatectl shows correct local

timesycnd doesn't sync the system time down into the RTC itself. The
kernel does that on its own, in the so-called "11 minute mode", see
the hwclock man page about that.

IIRC the kernel's 11minute mode doesn't like multiple RTCs or so, or
RTC drivers compiled as modules or so. Maybe you have a system like that?