[systemd-devel] systemctl condreload - Is it a thing?

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 16:19:07 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 6:07 PM Ian Pilcher <arequipeno at gmail.com> wrote:

> $SUBJECT pretty much says it all.  It seems to work, but I can't find
> any mention of it in the documentation or with my Google searches.
>
> Is it deprecated and going away?

It's an old "compatibility alias" added in ~v20. (Apparently, ALT Linux
wanted to just do a straightforward "service O V" → "systemctl V O"
substitution or something like that.)

I don't know if it'll be removed or not, but as is the general rule with
everything not in official documentation, I would say _don't rely_ on its
existence (unless it was specifically added for your use case).

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/commit/64e5f1b721d76948e2987f65841dc087f684e1de

http://git.altlinux.org/people/piastry/packages/?p=service.git;a=commitdiff;h=ba51a53881638ff0d93172ae3778329b2d5b316e

--
Mantas Mikulėnas