[systemd-devel] systemctl condreload - Is it a thing?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jan 30 16:19:54 UTC 2019

On Mi, 30.01.19 10:07, Ian Pilcher (arequipeno at gmail.com) wrote:

> $SUBJECT pretty much says it all.  It seems to work, but I can't find
> any mention of it in the documentation or with my Google searches.
>
> Is it deprecated and going away?

The official name for "condreload" is "try-reload-or-restart". The
"condreload" name is supported still to make things easier for compat
cases, but I'd recommend not using it anymore. It's unlikely to go
away anytime soon though.

Generally, in systemd when we want to de-emphasize something redundant
or deprecated stuff we stop documenting it while still supporting it,
so that people stop using it slowly.