[systemd-devel] OFFLIST Re: systemd's connections to /run/systemd/private ?

Brian Reichert reichert at numachi.com
Tue Jul 9 13:27:57 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jul 09, 2019 at 11:21:13AM +0100, systemd-devel at lists.freedesktop.org wrote:
> Hi Brian
>
> I feel embarrassed at having recommended you to join the systemd-devel
> list :( I don't understand why nobody is responding to you, and I'm not
> qualified to help!

I appreciate the private feedback.  I recognize this is an all-volunteer
ecosystem, but I'm not used to radio silence. :/

> There is a bit of anti-SUSE feeling for some reason
> that I don't really understand, but Lennart in particular normally
> seems to be very helpful, as does Zbigniew.

I'm new to this list, so haven't seen any anti-SLES sentiments as
of yet.  But, based on the original symptoms I reported, this occurs
on many distributions.

> Perhaps it would be worth restating your problem. I would suggest
> sticking to the facts of the problem as you have experienced them and
> post the full logs somewhere so that people can see the problem. What is
> logged when a server fails to reboot, for example.

I'd love to restate the problem in a way that's tractable, and
distinct from other people's reports of these symptoms.  If you
search the Internet for forum messages:

  systemd "Too many concurrent connections, refusing"

You'll see a lot of hits.  The only solutions I've seen to date is
the systemd maintainers bumping up a hard-coded constant, a few
times over the last few years.

(The fact that they've adjusted it at least twice, but never went
so far as to make it a tunable in a config file somewhere is
worrisome.)

> Just report a bug for people to
> solve.

I wanted to avoid calling it a 'bug' report, as I wanted to establish
what expected behavior is.

But, your advice isn't bad.  I'll try to come up with something more
succinct.

Thanks again...

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert at numachi.com>