[systemd-devel] Conflicts on service template

Andy Pieters systemd at andypieters.me.uk
Mon Aug 17 15:49:20 UTC 2020

Hi

Is it possible (and if so, how?) to define a conflict on any other instance
of a template unit?

E.g. I've created a vpn@ service and what I would like to do is for it to
stop any other vpn@ instance when another is started.

Yes, I do know that some people want to have a VPN connection to more than
one site, but for my own requirements the VPN's I am having to deal with
have overlapping remote networks (e.g. something like site A has got
10.10.7.0/24 and site B has got 10.10.0.0/16)

I *could* set a conflict on explicit instances in the service file but
that's not as nice as having proper support for a Conflicts=example@* ?

Thanks

Andy