[systemd-devel] Using timedatectl on a readonly rootfile system using mender

Shravan Singh shravan at bluesparq.com
Thu Aug 20 15:55:12 UTC 2020

 Hello,
I have raspberry-pi cm3 which is running an embedded yocto poky linux
warrior branch with mender.

I have made my rootfs as read-only because of which I am not able to use
timedatectl to change the system time zone.

I was looking through the c code which makes me think that even if I did
create and change symlink to point to a file in a read and write location
of the memory. It won't make any difference.

I looked into the file timedated.c and here is where I wanted some help. I
see the line
* r= get_timzeone()* in the function *context_read_data* all I want to know
is where is *get_timezone* defined and how is it calling */etc/localtime*

Any help will be appreciated. I have raised questions everywhere and I am
not getting any help at all.

And I am not an embedded developer. This place is my last cry for help
Regards,
Shravan Singh
(239) 243-0838

Blue Sparq, Inc.
928 NE 24th Lane unit 4 and 5.
Cape Coral, FL 33993

IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received
this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not
disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.