[systemd-devel] networkd questions

Dan Egli dan at newideatest.site
Fri Dec 4 10:50:27 UTC 2020

I've got an issue or two with networkd that I can't seem to resolve. I
hope someone here can help me.

1) I have a particular machine configured to forward and Masquerade ipv4
packets. But when networkd loads, I see this in the journal:
enp0s3: Could not enable IP masquerading, ignoring: Operation not supported

Yet I looked in the kernel's .config and as far as I can tell,
masquerading IS enabled. It's certainly enabled for netfilter. If
there's somewhere else I should look, where?

Second, how can I configure the dhcp server portion to sent out reserved
IPs, i.e. when MAC address AAAA:BBBB:CCCC:DDDD:EEEE:FFFF requests an
address, give it W.X.Y.Z and hostname H.

Thanks!
--
Dan Egli
 From my Test Server