[systemd-devel] mkosi question: third party repos + dnf modules

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Dec 7 10:28:01 UTC 2020

Hiya,

Trying to create some CentOS 8 images with mkosi 8

Is it possible to use the --repositories argument to mkosi to enable a
third party repository? If so can you tell me the secret syntax?

I've tried:

--repositories=https://..../mirrorlist
--repositories=https://..../directlink

both say: unknown repo

I've tried copying in the appropriate *.repo files via
mkosi.skeleton/etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo and then referring to the repo by
name rather than URL and it doesn't work either (also tried full path
within container and file:// prefixed path) with the same unknown repo
error.

I know I could do this with a postinst script but I feel like this
should be possible via the --repositories argument!

(NB, I'm actually using Repositories= in the [Distribution] section of
an mkosi.default file rather than the command line directly but this
/shouldn't/ make a difference!]

The next question is: can we setup dnf modules as part of the initial
install? If not, then I'll likely have to go down the postinst route
anyway in this case, but the above is still interesting for e.g. custom
COPR repos etc.

Cheers

Col