[systemd-devel] Udev hardening

Greg KH gregkh at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Dec 14 14:46:08 UTC 2020

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 04:30:58PM +0200, Adi Ml wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there some way to detect which system calls, I am using in udev (in
> order to filter it)?

I don't understand, if you don't know what system calls you are needing,
why do you need to filter anything?  Do you not trust udev to work
properly?

> I do not use any script, I just echo 0 to the authorized file in the device
> connected in order to disable it when it is not the wanted device (the
> match is based on serial number, vid, pid)

Udev calls loads of helper tools in order to generate persistent names.
If you don't have any udev rules that call anything, then what do you
need udev for?

thanks,

greg k-h