[systemd-devel] Q: (simple) socket activation

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Fri Dec 18 07:44:51 UTC 2020

Hi!

I have a simple question: For a socket-unit I have:
LISTEN                                UNIT                            ACTIVATES
[::]:16514                            libvirtd-tls.socket             libvirtd.service

I had enabled/started libvirtd.service first, then configured TLS later, enabling/starting the libvirtd-tls.socket.
Should I disable libvirtd.service again, or would that block libvirtd-tls.socket from working?
At the moment I can't restart libvirtd-tls.socket when libvirtd.service is running: I first have to stop libvirtd.service.

Regards,
Ulrich