[systemd-devel] can networkd's DHCP server do static leases or dynamic updates?

Dan Egli dan at newideatest.site
Sat Dec 19 08:52:11 UTC 2020

I have searched all over the internet and I can't seem to find an answer
to the question in the subject line.

Right now I use ISC's dhcpd and ISC's bind together to generate updates
to a dynamic zone, where some machines get whatever IP is available in
the pool while others are always assigned the same address, period. I
can set that up without too much effort using those programs. But since
I use Systemd and I know that systemd has integrated DHCP support, I'd
like to know if there's a way I can replace ISC's dhcpd with systemd's
and still get the fixed addresses and dynamic updates.

--
Dan Egli
 From my Test Server