[systemd-devel] A minor problem with systemd-boot boot menu

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat Dec 19 10:53:06 UTC 2020

On Mo, 09.11.20 23:23, u34 at net9.ga (u34 at net9.ga) wrote:

> Here, sytsemd-boot boot menu has 2 methods to present the default boot entry:
>
> 1. An ascii type arrow, =>, pointing to the default entry.
> 2. Reverse video for the text and background of the line of the default.
>
> So far it seem to work as intended. However, after I run
>
>     bootctl set-oneshot
>
> While booting, the ascii type arrow points to the first entry (for the
> duration of the oneshot, which is a single instance). Indepedent wheather,
> or not, the requested oneshot was the first entry.
> Is that deliberate?

reverse video is for the option you currently selected via the
keyboard, and the arrow is the default if you don't do anything with
the kbd.

If you use bootctl set-oneshot then this should be visible in the
reverse video line, but not affect the => line. If that's not the case
for you, this would probably be a bug. Please file an issue on github
about this then.

Lennart Poettering, Berlin