[systemd-devel] systemd kills user's scopes/sessions before shutdown service

Kamal Rathi kr30april at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 16:45:11 UTC 2020

Hi Lennart,

THe suggestion you have offered for design stop service was successfully
integrated but the issue is still same as the User session in User.slice
still got kill.

I am pasting my service here

grep -v ^# /etc/systemd/system/stop.service
[Unit]
Description=Service to auto stop the EBS application
After=-.slice system.slice user.slice
[Service]
ExecStart=
ExecStop=/startdb/stop/stop.sh
RemainAfterExit=true
[Install]
WantedBy=user.slice

Now service runs but still issue is that I want my service to stop the
processes not systemd

Issue might be similar like this
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2016-November/037916.html

Regards,