[systemd-devel] Q: "Start request repeated too quickly." for dependency

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Jan 13 08:20:18 UTC 2020

Hi!

I have a oneshot service (say "G") that creates some files if missing, and some other sevices (say A B C) that have a dependency on G.
Now if services A B C start quickly in succession, I get a failure because G fails to start (as it seems).
The log says "G: Start request repeated too quickly.". (Actual start requests aren't logged, however, or I could not find those)

Is there any setting to tell systemd that it's OK to start the oneshot service quickly?

systemd is 228 fro mSLES12 SP4...

Regards,
Ulrich