[systemd-devel] netdev templates and location of network units

Kevin P. Fleming kevin at km6g.us
Mon Mar 23 11:15:02 UTC 2020

Input files for systemd-networkd are not systemd unit files, so
there's a good chance that the rules for finding and processing them
are much simpler. That would explain why template/instance files don't
work.

The manpage for systemd.network does indicate that files will be
loaded from /usr/local/lib/systemd/network though, so if they aren't
being picked up that's odd.

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.network.html