[systemd-devel] dockerd broken docker works without It own docker image but need

Andy Pieters systemd at andypieters.me.uk
Fri Mar 27 22:05:22 UTC 2020

Dorian

All of us on this list here are wondering the same thing.

Where do you get your ideas from?!

 To clarify, systemd is not an engine for any other software such as apache
or MySQL
and the name ending in 'd' does not imply systemd.

E.g. mongod (Mongo db) not systemd, firewalld not systemd, dockerd, not
systemd etc

Systemd starts/stops/monitors daemons etc, but is not actually involved in
writing those daemons.
If you have apache that's failing to start, look in the apache logs, ask on
the apache mailing list etc.

Please Dorian, don't post to this list for troubles with mcelog or apache.
You're very welcome to ask us questions about systemd itself

Read up on systemd on Wikipedia

Here is the article in French: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemd

And a website talking about how to create services and timers :
https://www.linuxtricks.fr/wiki/systemd-creer-des-services-timers-unites

I hope this finally helps for you Dorian