[systemd-devel] systemd.network vs. ifupdown vs. netplan?

John Ioannidis systemd-devel at tla.org
Tue May 5 18:31:45 UTC 2020

Is there a document somewhere that details what the
interactions/conflicts/etc are between systemd.{link,netdev,network} and
the ifupdown mechanisms? I have read the manual pages, of course, but I
feel I'm missing something fundamental. I finally got around to moving to
Debian 10, and in the process modernizing some of my configurations.

Then there is netplan, which Canonical is pushing with Ubuntu; it does not
have feature parity with ifupdown, so it is not under consideration right
now, but if the comparison includes that, so much the better.

Cheers,

/ji