[systemd-devel] local-fs and remote-fs targets / passive active units

Thomas HUMMEL thomas.hummel at pasteur.fr
Tue May 5 18:55:53 UTC 2020

On 5/5/20 7:41 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

> a) Before= does not pull anything anywhere.

Yes I know sorry I did not use the correct term. I did not mean that.

> b) as you already found, by default every service is ordered after
> local-fs.target. You need DefalutDependencies=no if you want to start
> your service that early.

Well, my first naive thought was to think : since fstab mount targets
gets Before=local-fs.target, let's add this to my service which does
locally mount some filesystem it creates.
But it then made a cycle with system-tmpfiles-setup which depends on
local-fs.target and my service which somehow got a dependency on
sysinit.target which in turn depends on systemd-tmpfiles-setup...

I'll think about another way to do it.

Sorry for the useless bothering...and thanks again for your answer.

--
TH