[systemd-devel] Failed to activate service 'org.freedesktop.systemd1': timed out

Debraj Manna subharaj.manna at gmail.com
Tue May 19 16:22:00 UTC 2020

Thanks Lennart for replying.

If I get you correctly we can hit this issue for both of the below cases
1. Reloading unit file via daemon-reload while the services are executing and
2. Services are active and we try to disable or mask a service without
stopping it?

I apologize if I sound too repetitive. Upgrading my linux distribution
(with latest systemd) will take some time. So trying to check if
someway I can change the way I am using systemd to bypass this issue.