[systemd-devel] WLANInterfaceType="mesh-point" not matching

Paul Cabot paul at topguncomputers.com
Tue Oct 27 02:17:11 UTC 2020

I currently have wpa_supplicant setup to connect my WLE600VX to my
802.11S mesh network.  It connects fine.

However when I setup my systemd.network file as the following.

[Match]

Name=wlp6s0

WLANInterfaceType="mesh-point"

It doesn't want to match even though wlp6s0 is currently connected to my
mesh.

If I setup an AP on the same radio and then use

WLANInterfaceType="ap"

It matches fine.

I've also tried

WLANInterfaceType=mesh-point

WLANInterfaceType=mp

WLANInterfaceType=meshpoint

None are matching.

Am I using the wrong match keyword or is there possibly a bug.

If it makes any difference I'm currently using systemd 246-r2 on Gentoo.

Thanks,

Paul Cabot