[systemd-devel] no log information about why machine is sleeping

Simon McVittie smcv at collabora.com
Fri Aug 13 10:31:56 UTC 2021

On Fri, 13 Aug 2021 at 08:05:29 +0200, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Amazingly in my Leap 15 system it's GNOME that triggers it: If I'm not logged
> in, no suspend happens, but when I have a GNOME session suspend happens.

If this is not what you want, change the logged-in user's GNOME settings
(via gnome-control-center or the /org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/power
dconf tree). While a user is logged in, their per-user settings take effect,
unless systemd-logind is configured to forbid that.

The default in GNOME is to suspend after 20 minutes, to comply with
European and American energy-saving legislation.

    smcv