[systemd-devel] Antw: [EXT] Re: Mounting a new device to a mount point with an old (auto-generated) but inactive mount unit triggers an immediate unmount

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Jul 8 08:05:08 UTC 2021

09:12 in Nachricht <23423e6a-4c69-1683-8758-40f98d444c89 at frittentheke.de>:
> Otherwise the "reaction" of an unmount to a just successfully happend
> mount is still quite surprising to a user.

When trying to fix a broken system, my first frustrating experience with systemd was that after mounting /boot on root (via manual mount commend), systemd immediately umounted it. Repeatedly.
I mean if a collegue would have done that, what had I done to him? ;-)

So instead of fixing the problem, I had to find a way to "fix" systemd...

Regards,
Ulrich