[systemd-devel] Odd effect when using systemd-analyze verify in RPM %check

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Mar 15 15:54:45 UTC 2021

Hi!

While constructing a new RPM package I tried "systemd-analyze verify" as %check, resulting in:
Failed to open /dev/tty0: Permission denied

However:
> ll /dev/tty /dev/tty0
crw-rw-rw- 1 root tty 5, 0 Mar 15 16:26 /dev/tty
crw--w---- 1 root tty 4, 0 Mar 11 10:11 /dev/tty0

What's the issue with running "systemd-analyze verify" and non-root?
When I run the same command with "su -c", then it does not print that message.

My TTY is "pts/1" (says "w").

(systemd-228 of SLES12 SP5)

Despite of that: Did anyone succeed using "systemd-analyze verify" in an RPM %chehck without having to install half of the system into buildroot?

Regards,
Ulrich Windl