[systemd-devel] Samba Config Reload

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Apr 8 11:49:40 UTC 2022

…
> ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID

This could be done better. Plugging in just a "kill" here, means the
reload is async. i.e. "systemctl reload" will basically return
immediately without the reload being complete, thus subsequent
commands can't rely the new config is already in place.

It's typically nicer to invoke some synchronous command from
ExecReload=.

Lennart Poettering, Berlin