[systemd-devel] How to find out the processes systemd-shutdown is waiting for?

Manuel Wagesreither ManWag at FastMail.FM
Wed Mar 2 11:29:10 UTC 2022

Hi all,

My embedded system is shutting down rather slow, and I'd like to find out the responsible processes.

[ 7668.571133] systemd-shutdown[1]: Waiting for process: dockerd, python3
[ 7674.670684] systemd-shutdown[1]: Sending SIGKILL to remaining processes...

Is there a way for systemd-shutdown to give me the PID of the processes it waits for?

There are quite a few docker and python3 services running on my system and the lines printed above doesn't help much.

I'm using systemd 244 (244.5+).

Thanks,
Manuel