[systemd-devel] How to find out the processes systemd-shutdown is waiting for?

Arian van Putten arian.vanputten at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 12:02:41 UTC 2022

I've seen this a lot with docker/containerd. It seems as if for some reason
systemd doesn't wait for their  cgroups to cleaned up on shutdown. It's
very easy to reproduce. Start a docker container and then power off the
machine. Since the move to cgroups V2 containerd should be using systemd to
manage the cgroup tree so a bit puzzling why it's always happening.

Something seems to be off with containerd's integration into systemd but
I'm not sure what.