[systemd-devel] version bump of minimal kernel version supported by systemd?

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 19:29:01 UTC 2022

As far as Debian is concerned, we do have

4.9.x in old old stable aka stretch
4.19.x in old stable aka buster
5.10.x in stable aka bullseye
5.16.x in unstable/bookworm

We do provide backports of current systemd versions for bullseye. I
also do care that users upgrading from bullseye to bookworm can
continue to use the old stable kernel, which would be 5.10.x
So all in all, not an issue from the Debian side, as this would mean
the baseline would be 5.10.x

Obviously I can't speak for all our downstreams (like raspbian) or
individual users with their self-compiled kernels.
Which I guess is more common among Debian then e.g. Fedora users.

Regards,
Michael