[systemd-devel] systemd-journald persistent storage unkown file descriptor error

Gregory Gincley rollenwiese at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 13:59:38 UTC 2024

To whom it may concern:

I'm receiving the below error on every systemd-journald service
startup.

While systemd-journald starts, it refuses to log to persistent storage
(/var/log/journal) despite this path existing. Additionally --user
shows no journal information.

I've tried deleting/recreating /var/log/journal

I've tried setting /etc/systemd/journald.conf 'Storage' setting to both
'auto' and 'peristent' with the same result.

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/eef4cd51f94d837bd0e71512c831634a2902522d/src/journal/journald-server.c#L2764

FWIW I'm on Arch Linux.

Any thoughts on what is preventing my logging from flushing to disk?

Let me know if any additional information would be helpful.

Thanks,
Greg