[systemd-devel] systemd-journald persistent storage unkown file descriptor error

Gregory Gincley rollenwiese at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 19:02:03 UTC 2024

For some reason the first time systemd-journald-flush is executed
during boot, it logs a warning about files with insufficient
privileges.

However as soon as the system is booted to where I can login I'm able
to run the service manually and it runs fine, flushing everything to
disk and all journals, and user level journals are accessible.

/var/log/journal is on the primary partition so it seems odd there
would be some sort of race condition. I didn't see a way to output
which files specifically had insufficient privileges.