[systemd-devel] [EXT] Re: Re: "OnUnitInactiveSec Timer not firing" issue

Windl, Ulrich u.windl at ukr.de
Wed Jul 31 06:30:45 UTC 2024

[Windl, Ulrich]

You wrote "... starting the service manually (or "enabling" it, to be started on boot) would be redundant.", but you also wrote " OnUnitInactiveSec begins counting when service gets stopped. How is this timer supposed to start a service that was never active (and hence never stopped) before?" Isn't that a contradiction? So my question " Can you explain where OnUnitInactiveSec would make sense?" IS justified IMHO. And I think there is no reason to be unfriendly unless you want users "go away".

Ulrich