[Tango-artists] Plugin icon proposal

Javier Aravena phrodo.00 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 15:53:14 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 07:07 +1000, Jones Lee wrote:
> Due to the increasing usage of a plugin object icon such as:
>
> gEdit employs an plugin icon called gedit-plugin for the about box.
> GIMP also has plugin object icon in their plugin module browser
> window.
> And other apps such as web browsing that highly chance to use plugin
> object icon.
>
> Therefore, I propose to ship andreasn's tango plugin icon with Tango
> icon set.
> If people do not think that plugin icon fits in the main Tango set,
> it'd be great to move
> the icon to a new set like Tango Web Browsing (I don't know, i sucks
> at naming).
>
> Thank you.

Hi, this is my first post to the list.

I really like the idea of adding a plugin icon, however, I don't know if
we should use the plain package icon, I mean, we can use it as a base,
but we should do something to make the user know that it's something
that adds/changes features in his app, and not make them confused about
what's the difference between a plugin and a app (you know, I needed to
explain the difference to my dad for like ten minutes or so).
Therefor think a puzzle piece (such as the one firefox uses) would be
more appropiate