[Tango-artists] Plugin icon proposal

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Thu Apr 20 17:29:55 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 18:53 -0400, Javier Aravena wrote:
> Hi, this is my first post to the list.

Welcome!

> I really like the idea of adding a plugin icon, however, I don't know if
> we should use the plain package icon, I mean, we can use it as a base,
> but we should do something to make the user know that it's something
> that adds/changes features in his app, and not make them confused about
> what's the difference between a plugin and a app (you know, I needed to
> explain the difference to my dad for like ten minutes or so).
> Therefor think a puzzle piece (such as the one firefox uses) would be
> more appropiate

It is a puzzle piece. :)

I think you confused the mime type icon for the tarball that was
attached to the mail, for being the actual icon itself. :) The
attachment is a tarball which contains the puzzle piece at all 3 sizes
for the tango style guidelines.

However, I am not sure about putting it in the base set (or that such an
icon exists in the first place).

-- dobey