[Tango-artists] Hello Tango-Project!

Samuel samuelw at bluebottle.com
Sat Apr 22 00:52:36 PDT 2006

Hello Everybody,
    First, I want to sincerely thank you all for creating what is
probably the best icon set I've ever used. My name is Sam, and I have
a *lot* of free time on my hands. I'd like to help as much as I can
with the Tango Project.
    Over the last few days I have made about 7 icons (each in all 3
sizes), and I was wondering how I should go about getting them
included in Tango. Should I post them on the mailing list? Is there a
certain person I should send them to? I guess what I'm saying is that
I need some help in order to help. I've got some other questions too
so bear with me.
    About icon naming. Let's say I make an icon for something not in
the specification. How do I figure out what to name it? Is there a
more extensive list somewhere?
    About the legacy naming utils. I have a list of what symlinks are
needed in order to get some icons to work in Gnome (that don't work
already). What should I do with that info?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, and please keep up the great work!
--Samuel Waits

P.S. Here is a list of the icons I have made
-text-x-script-python
-text-x-script-ruby
-text-x-script-perl
-accessories-dictionary