[Tango-artists] A Bunch of Icons

Samuel samuelw at bluebottle.com
Sun Apr 23 01:40:16 PDT 2006

Hello again,
    On the advice of someone (thanks Ollie!), I'm posting the icons
I've made to this list. Here is a rundown of them all (constructive
critisism is welcome):

accessories-dictionary:
It is purple, because there aren't enough purple icons. ^_^
I seem to also have encountered a bug. Gnome is rendering the main
gradient backwards, so I had to turn it around. Can anyone confirm
this? Does it happen in KDE?
Gnome Legacy Name: gdict

application-certificate:
A modified version that makes use of the
sheet-of-paper-as-readable-document metaphor. My hope is that this
will more clearly represent COPYING files (that is what its for,
right?), especially for anyone who doesn't get the whole wax-seal
thing (they will at least see that it's a text file). I also think
the name ought to be changed to application-license, as it more
clearly states what the icon is for.
Gnome Legacy Name: gnome-mime-text-x-copying

application-credits:
A simple star & paper. For use with CREDITS and AUTHORS files.
Gnome Legacy Names: gnome-mime-text-x-credits,
gnome-mime-text-x-authors

application-install:
For INSTALL files.
Gnome Legacy Name: gnome-mime-text-x-install

application-readme:
For README files. Also has the reverse-gradient problem.
Gnome Legacy Name: gnome-mime-text-x-readme

help-about:
For the About item in Help menus.

text-x-script-perl:
For Perl scripts. Camel-colored (like the Gnome icon). Too dull?
Gnome Legacy Name: gnome-mime-application-x-perl

text-x-script-python:
For Python scripts.
Gnome Legacy Name: gnome-mime-text-x-python

text-x-script-ruby:
For Ruby scripts.
Gnome Legacy Name: gnome-mime-application-x-ruby

And thats all. I hope you like them ^_^

Bye
--Samuel