[Tango-artists] Folder icon should have more suitable colour (yellow)

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Mon Feb 27 04:42:38 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 21:20 +0100, Simon Otter wrote:
> I agree, blue folders are inconsistent. My opinion is that we could have
> some compromise, for example the coffee-coloured
> folders that is default with gnome is in my opinion very easy to
> recognize as folders. And I use Windows almost solely for
> desktop work. The blue folders doesnt feel as folders at all, just look
> at the real life equivalent, how often are they blue?

Very often. As well as red, and bright yellow, not just manilla. Often
they are a dark brown too. But dark brown on a computer screen is
generally not good. But the simple fact is, no matter what color we make
the folders, people are going to complain about it. The Tango folders
should stay the color they are now. I don't see any benefit to changing
the colors. It's a lot of work at this stage. The folders are obviously
folders. The shape is a very obvious one. Let's not keep arguing about
the color of the folders. There are much more important things to get
done.

-- dobey