[Tango-artists] patch to fix icon-naming-utils KDE mapping dirs problem

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Tue Jan 24 10:36:03 PST 2006

Hi,

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 14:35 +0100, Vaclav Slavik wrote:
> there's a problem with the way legacy icon names are mapped currently:
> the legacy symlinks are always created in the same directory as the
> Tango icon. But KDE (at least 3.5) expects some of the icons to be in
> particular theme's subdirectories and it can't find them elsewhere.

KDE doesn't expect some icons to be in exact directories, it simply
limits the contexts, and requires that the icons be in any of those
directories. This is rather unfortunate, however, there are patches
which will solve this problem, available at:

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=32288

> Attached are two patches: legacy-links-dir.patch changes
> icon-name-mapping script so that it accepts directory name in the
> <link> element like this:

This actually makes maintaining an icon theme which uses the utils, much
more difficult. Given this, and the availability of the two patches for
kdebase and kdelibs linked on the page above, I will not be committing
your patches. However, thank you for the patch, and the interest in the
project.

-- dobey