[Tango-artists] patch to fix icon-naming-utils KDE mapping dirs problem

Vaclav Slavik vslavik at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 15 05:35:42 PST 2006

Hi,

there's a problem with the way legacy icon names are mapped currently:
the legacy symlinks are always created in the same directory as the
Tango icon. But KDE (at least 3.5) expects some of the icons to be in
particular theme's subdirectories and it can't find them elsewhere.

For example, messagebox_info symlink to dialog-information is created
in the status/ subdirectory, but KDE expects it in actions/ (to be
exact, it expects it in directory with Context=Actions, but you can't
assign more than one context to a directory, so merely tweaking
index.theme wouldn't help).

Attached are two patches: legacy-links-dir.patch changes
icon-name-mapping script so that it accepts directory name in the
<link> element like this:

	<icon name="dialog-information">
	    <link>gtk-dialog-info</link>
            <link>actions/messagebox_info</link>
	</icon>

If the directory component is present, the symlink is created in the
specified directory (so you get e.g.
actions/messagebox_info.svg -> ../status/dialog-information.svg
symlink). The directory is created if it doesn't exist yet, so no
changes to tango-icon-theme's makefiles are necessary. If directory
element is missing, the behavior is same as before.

The second patch fixes some of the KDE mappings I had problems with
and also adds mail-attachment -> actions/attach mapping. I doubt it's
complete, but it's a start.

Regards,
Vaclav

--