[Tango-artists] Some KDE icons

Jakub Steiner jimmac at ximian.com
Thu Jun 22 03:13:51 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 18:23 +0200, Charavel Olivier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since I've just switched to KDE, I made some icons :
>
> Kmail and "Ksession" (when you want to change sessions).
>
> In package there are png (all the sizes) and the svg so enjoy and critics
> welcome :).

Hi Olivier.

I think you should simplify the kmail icon for the smaller sizes, nuke
the shadow for the 16x16 and perhaps use "on the shelf" perspective. The
perspective you're using just takes away a lot of the canvas and I'm
pretty sure nobody can figure out what the two tiny color blobs on the
16x16 are. The styleguides also don't mention an isometric view as a
possible alrenative even for the large one, really :)

The session icon is much better, but I wonder why it's semi-opaque?

Otherwise nicely executed, nothing sloppy :)

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac at ximian.com>
Novell, Inc.