[Tango-artists] Questions about submitting stuff

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Fri Mar 3 05:00:26 PST 2006

Simon Otter wrote:
> Well, I've made an attempt on creating an icon for the suite.
> I tried to make it look as much tango as I possible could.
> I just wanted to check if you guys had any opinions about
> it and if it is okay, tell me how to submit it to CVS and stuff.
>
> A suggestion for an user-offline icon.
> http://simon.otter.se/vector/tango/user-offline.svg
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hello Simon!
Nice work. The body look a bit inconsitent with the other user-icons
have
(http://tango-project.org/static/cvs/tango-icon-theme/scalable/actions/mail-reply-all.png
and
http://tango-project.org/static/cvs/tango-icon-theme/scalable/actions/contact-new.png
...do we have a bigger shot of these guys anywhere?), but other than
that I like it. It is good that you use the same symbol as in the offline.
Ryan Collier did some experiments with shapes (circle, star etc.)
similar to the status icons in google talk and ichat, I really like that
idea and perhaps you can give that a try as Ryan seems busy with other
stuff at the moment.

As for adding stuff to the set, the easiest way to submit artwork to the
tango-icon-theme or tango-art-libre is to do what you already did. Send
a e-mail to this and provide a link to the artwork. CVS access is given
to contributors that submit a lot of work and that the maintainer can
trust won't screw things up (I got cvs access though, however I lost my
ssh-key shortly afterwards...perhaps it was for the best :) )
Also not that tango use the sizes 16x16, 22x22 and scalable, so you need
to draw your icon in all three sizes.

Thanks for the effort this far. Great to have more artists on board!
- Andreas